Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Trade Ally portal?
A trade ally portal is the entry point into the Efficiency Navigator online prescriptive rebate search system for contractors submitting energy efficiency rebate applications.
Do contractors need to register for the program to participate?
Contractors do not need to register for the program to participate. However, participating contractors should be fully bonded and insured.
How are contractors chosen to participate?
Contractors are chosen solely by the utility customer installing the high efficiency project. Customers are encouraged to obtain multiple trade ally cost estimates before selecting a contractor and proceeding with the project.
Why should I sign up with Efficiency Navigator?
Efficiency Navigator allows Trade Allies who work with participating utilities to conduct all of or manage all of their business with the efficiency programs in one spot.
- Find rebates for eligible customers
- Submit rebates online now for immediate processing or save to projects for submission once the work is done
- Track the status of all applications in a single location
- Get additional work from customers accessing the find a contractor tool from the utilities' websites
- Access Trade Ally tools including reports, document libraries, scorecards and program dashboards
- Stay in touch with email updates and notifications from the programs
How do I get started?
Getting started with Efficiency Navigator is easy.
Before you start make sure you have your Federal Tax ID handy. You will need this identification to create an account for your company.
- Create a log in
- Create your profile
- Enter business information so that Efficiency Navigator can register you with utilities
- Add location profiles for one or more of your branches
- Easy access for inclusion in rebate applications
- Adds search results to our customer-facing find a contractor application
- Provides up to date contact information
- Upload supporting documentation and invite additional members from your team
- Get activated. Once your profile is submitted program staff will review the content and finish getting you set up with the necessary programs. You'll receive an email when everything is ready for you to start submitting applications with the participating program(s).